Wednesday, August 15, 2007

sustainability

I need a better term for this but dang its important if you stay at company long term.

At Midway I have had the privilege of living with my mistakes for the last 10 years. As a director level manager these mistakes become more noticeable and smack me in the face ... Hard.

The recent mistake I'm living with is not planning for succession. Whether it is retraining a new crop of interns, mentoring 2 new studio art directors or interfacing with the 7th recruiting manager ... I am being reminded that it pays to document best practice, knowledge and preferred processes. This knowledge obviously should obviously be stored on a reliable sustainable knowledge sharing system besides my brain. Now if only knowledge sharing systems didn't change every 2 years.

So ... I'm making a note as I repeat myself ... is the most effective means to share this same information for the next person who fills these shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home